An Overview of Common Car Accident Injuries and Personal Injury Doctors in Tyler, Texas
An automobile accident is a traumatizing event for all parties involved. Even though many auto accidents are simple “fender benders,” certain accidents are more severe and lead to serious injuries. The most common car accident injuries include back injuries, neck injuries and concussions. When injuries occur, it is extremely important all victims visit a personal injury doctor in Tyler, Texas immediately. The physicians at Pain Recovery Center of Tyler are highly experienced at treating acute and chronic pain associated with a car accident.
The Most Common Car Accident Injuries
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, the very first thing you need to do is visit a personal injury doctor in the Tyler, Texas area. An injury often seems minor with no severe pain or discomfort, but many car accident injuries are not apparent immediately following the accident. In many cases, it takes victims several days, or even weeks, to notice pain, swelling, limited range of motion and other unwanted injury symptoms. If left untreated, the acute injury can become a chronic condition.
Here are the most common car accident injuries seen by our personal injury doctors:
- Neck injuries- The most common type of injury associated with the neck is whiplash. Whiplash occurs during a collision when the head is suddenly pushed forward or towards the side. The sudden movement places extreme pressure on the neck ligaments, causing sprains and/or strains.
- Back injuries- Injuries to the back and spine are extremely common during an automobile accident. Minor injuries such as disc dislocations and strains are often treated with simple measures, but more serious injuries may cause chronic pain that requires advanced pain management treatment measures.
- Concussions- A concussion is relatively common during an automobile accident. This brain injury occurs when the brain is shaken inside the skull as the result of the head hitting a window or the steering wheel. While personal injury doctors in a pain management setting typically do not treat concussions, they may treat the symptoms of a concussion, such as severe headaches.
- Broken bones- Broken bones always require emergency care in order to place the bone back in the proper position. After the bone is placed together, a pain management physician may be needed to address the pain level.
- Soft tissue injuries- Injuries to the body’s soft tissues are quite common during a car accident from the blunt force trauma involved with the collision. Common soft tissue injuries addressed by a personal injury doctor in Tyler, Texas include torn ligaments, torn tendons and pulled muscles.
How a Personal Injury Doctor in Tyler, Texas can Help
Car accident injuries are one of the most common reasons victims require a personal injury doctor in the Tyler, Texas area. Many injuries can become severe if not treated immediately following the incident. A pain management physician that specializes in personal injuries will be able to provide a detailed physical examination, a diagnosis and a treatment plan, as well as work with insurance adjusters and attorneys.
For more information on common car accident injuries, or to schedule an appointment with a personal injury doctor in Tyler, Texas, please contact the office of Pain Recovery Center of Tyler today.